Coco Peat or Coir Pith – an ecologically friendly bio-degradable material derived from coconut husk. The fibrous coconut husk is pre washed, machine dried, sieved and made free from sand/contamination and compressed into blocks.
Its air filled porosity and high water holding capacity makes it an excellent choice for hydroponic growing media, potting mixes, green houses, seedling nurseries, lawn and golf courses, horticulture and floriculture applications, worm bedding, etc.
- Naturally anti-fungal
- High water holding capacity while still maintaining excellent drainage and aeration
- Acceptable pH & EC
- Ability to retain nutrients against leaching and to buffer supply
- Retains physical properties longer
- Light weight
- No pests, weeds, or diseases
- Uniform in composition
- 100% Organic
- Promotes strong root growth and plant vigor..
Washed / Low EC Coco Peat Specification:
- Block size 30 x 30 x 12 +/- 1cm
- EC Level Below 0.5ms/cm
- pH level 5.8 – 6.8
- Mesh 6 mm
- Compression ratio 5:1
- Expansion volume 15 ltrs per kg
- Moisture below 12-15%
- Impurities 3%
- Fiber 3% (able to mixing the cut fiber 10%-30% if required)